Household trash (Municipal Solid Waste) is collected every Monday and Thursday. If the scheduled day for trash collection falls on a Borough holiday, collection will occur on the following day.
Please place your can curbside or at the edge of your alley no earlier than dusk on the day prior to the scheduled collection day.
Please keep our sanitation workers safe by complying with the following:
- All trash must be bagged and placed inside a can with a lid.
- Any cans weighing greater than 50 lbs. will not be collected.
- Do not dispose of any medical or hazardous waste.
- Do not dispose of any oil-based paints.
- Do not dispose of any building materials (concrete, wood, drywall, etc.).
- Do not dispose of any motor oil or other petroleum-based products.
- Do not dispose of any propane tanks.
- Do not dispose of any appliances.
- Do not dispose of any electronics.
An ORANGE STICKER will be placed on any can that does not comply with the above requirements. Please follow the instructions on the ORANGE STICKER so that proper disposal can be accomplished.
Please contact Borough Hall at 610-874-1100 with any questions or concerns about trash collection.
Single-stream recycling is collected every Tuesday. Recycling will not be collected on days in which regular trash pick-up was moved to a Tuesday due to a Borough holiday.
Single-stream recycling allows for all recyclable material (paper, plastic, glass and cans) to be commingled into a single container. We request that all recyclable materials be placed in a designated can (with a lid to protect from the elements) marked as “RECYCLE.” Stickers are available at Borough Hall.
Participation is voluntary but highly encouraged. Please recycle to protect our environment while saving your tax dollars.
Please place your recycling container at the same location that you would normally place your trash receptacle no earlier than dusk on the day prior to the scheduled collection day.
Please call Borough Hall at 610-874-1100 with any questions about our Recycling Program.