Governor Tom Wolf and Acting Health Secretary Alison Beam have announced an order amending certain provisions of the November 23, 2020 Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health for Mitigation and Enforcement. regarding COVID-19.
Notable changes in the amendment include:
- Telework: Employers are encouraged to but not required to have employees perform as much work as possible remotely.
- Capacity limits have been increased to 75% for retail businesses, gyms and fitness centers, and other personal care services.
- Bars are permitted to offer bar service, no longer have an industry-specific capacity limit, and no longer must cease on-site alcohol consumption by 11 p.m.
- Restaurants may operate at up to 50% capacity, no longer must cease on-site alcohol sales by 10:00 p.m., and customers being served are no longer required to be seated.
- Nightclubs with bar service may now operate at up to 50% capacity.
- Events and gatherings are now limited to 25% capacity indoors and 50% capacity outdoors.
For more information, please see the full order online at https://www.governor.pa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2021.4.1-Amendment-to-Order-of-the-Secretary-Mitigation-and-Enforcement.pdf.
Additional information can be found at the Governor’s press release at https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/gov-wolf-effective-april-4-more-options-for-restaurants-and-other-businesses-mass-gathering-maximums-increase/